Odorless&Transparent

"the deadliest bullshit is odorless and transparent" - William Gibson

Friday, August 05, 2005

Saw it coming like a blitzing safety shooting through the "two-hole"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I liked the show. I collected all 6 themed happy meal plastic cars from hardee's even though they were really crappy toys w stickers, but I fully expected this movie to not only suck, but suck at the box office too. Mr. Cranky highlights the unavoidable futility of even discussing the movie:

So what's a reviewer supposed to do? Am I supposed to compare this Bo (Seann William Scott) and Luke Duke (Johnny Knoxville) to their counterparts from the series, John Schneider and Tom Wopat? Perhaps I could contrast the Daisy Dukes: Jessica Simpson and Catherine Bach. Or, better yet, I could strip naked, douse myself in gasoline and run flapping down the interstate in search of the eventual blessed release of "suicide by cop."

Alas, if only they'd had Rosco P. Coldchain instead of Rosco P Coltrane.

*pic and I-40 recon from zoomedin

2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I would just like to say kudos for your academic honesty. Your alma mater would be proud of you for citing your sources. And I am grateful for the link, as it may help raise my readership level above single digits :)

Keep up the good work.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger erik [hueypriest] said...

Thanks. Considering my alma mater's most famous alum is Jerry Springer, they probably would be proud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home