Odorless&Transparent

"the deadliest bullshit is odorless and transparent" - William Gibson

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Last night i was drinking with some friends and one of them was talking about his job as a camp counselor and how he makes kids write a letter to their parents when they do something bad. He explained how his dad use to make him write letters to various people when he did something bad.

I immediately pictured a father making a kid write a letter to one of his role models. "Billy, you need to write a three page letter to Shaq explaining why you werre shoplifting snickers from the Mini-mart." And i kinda wished my parents had made me write letters when i did something bad. Not that it would have made any impact on my moral development, but my mom might have saved them, and now I would be able to sip a cup of coffee and read my kid letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home