Odorless&Transparent

"the deadliest bullshit is odorless and transparent" - William Gibson

Thursday, July 01, 2004

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass! And at the other end of the bar the world is full of the other type of person, who has a broken glass, or a glass that has been carefully knocked over (usually by one of the people calling for a larger glass), or who had no glass at all, because they were at the back of the crowd and had failed to catch the barman's eye."
-Pratchett, the Truth

maybe i could have prevented it by standing up for myself more than i did, but I just got asspunked by people i would have given a kidney to. There's a lot of shit i can take with a big smile, but i can't take being disrespected.
even though I have nothing to blame but my own decisions. this one hurts pretty fucking bad.

please help me always respect the people i work with. it's too easy to slip to the other side if you lose that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home