Odorless&Transparent

"the deadliest bullshit is odorless and transparent" - William Gibson

Friday, April 29, 2005

gargleblaster

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Update: Saw the movie. My expectations were too high. There were some truly inspired scenes, but the whole just didn't congeal. Still, go see it if you haven't and definitely, above all else...VOTE Beeblebrox!

Since The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy opens today, I thought I would see if I could find a good receipe to make my own Pangalactic Gargle Blaster to drink beforehand. A Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster is an alcoholic drink which "induces a sensation almost exactly like having your brain smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick. Possibly chilled." Unfortunately, the original ingredients are a bit exotic:

Pan Galactic Gargleblaster
Juice from 1 bottle of the Ol’ Janx Spirit
Combine with one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus
3 Cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin melted into mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost)
4 liters of Fallian Marsh gas
Use the back of a silver spoon to float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract
Drop in a tooth from an Algolion Suntiger and watch it dissolve
Sprinkle with Zamphuor
Add an olive

Drink.

I found some more pedestrian approximations online that I will have to attempt.

I even found one article about a bar in munich that server a version which exploded in the face of patrons:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home