Odorless&Transparent

"the deadliest bullshit is odorless and transparent" - William Gibson

Thursday, June 03, 2004

There is a god.

This morning, I went to check a P.O. Box we had just rented for a side project at work. It was full of mail. I'd used the address on a few url registers and in several emails, but i thought I had the wrong box when I saw it was full of magazines, letters, postcards.
I bent down and I pulled out the first letter, and when i saw the name on the address label, i actually writhed on the floor in maniacal laughter. I writhed and people stared. I was one coffee cup away from scooping the mail onto the floor and rolling in it like it was hot $100 bills...

ZOOM CULTURE recipient of millions, blight on name and spirit of online entertainment, and clueless self-important tartar on my beloved town has been reduced to absolute zero. I wrote return to sender on a whole pile of bills, magazines, and tax notices, and I savored each letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home