Odorless&Transparent

"the deadliest bullshit is odorless and transparent" - William Gibson

Sunday, December 19, 2004

menja be, caga fort!

I got the book Everybody Poops for Christmas one year. It was my favorite gift that year, I was 22 years old.
I can't believe I had never heard of it before, but I saw this brilliant act of cultural curiosity on the wikipedia front page today: Caganer: "The Defecator". The reasoning for this bizzare addition to some Catalanian nativity scenes is given as:

1. The Caganer, by creating feces, is fertilizing the Earth. Thus, he is considered a symbol of prosperity and luck for the coming year.

2. Some Catalans consider it to be funny.

Perfect message for the holidays, right? Rusty Cundeiff said it best: "When I doo-doo is my shit not brown
it’s a universal thing we all flush it down"


God bless us, every one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home